At the regular Council meeting held on September 25, 2018, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Peace Regional Waste Management Company thanking them for the information regarding the fall cleanup for the communities of Cadotte Lake and Little Buffalo.
- Refer the continued financial support of the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Seasonal Wildlife Technician position to the Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting on October 19, 2018.
- Submit a wreath on behalf of the County for the Festival of Trees Event in Peace River, AB.
- Proclaim October 4, 2018 as Sisters in Spirit Day in Northern Sunrise County.
- Include the topic of camp definitions on the October 12, 2018 Governance and Priorities Committee meeting agenda.
- Include the 2018 Community Services review on the October 12, 2018 Governance and Priorities Committee meeting agenda.
- Continue with the Day Home Grant program and work with existing community groups to see if there is suitable child care opportunities.
- Refer the use of recycled paint for the County Administration building expansion project to the County Building Planning Committee.
- Send a letter to Alberta Parks and Environment advising that the County is in support of the battery recycling program continuing as a no-cost program.
- Accept the proposal regarding the property located at Plan 1511HW Blocks 1-4 as presented.
- Follow up with the Municipal Elections legal decision.
- Council received a presentation from Heart River Housing regarding their operations.
- Council received a presentation from the Peace Regional Women’s Shelter regarding their facility expansion project. The request for a financial contribution will be included on the October 19, 2018 Governance and Priorities Committee meeting.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B334/18 to Repeal Bylaw B037/97 E-911 Services Bylaw as presented.
- Council deferred second reading of Bylaw B332/18 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 5.62 acres within SW-26-83- 21-W5M; Plan 0621444; Block 1; Lot 1 from Direct Control District (DC) to Rural Industrial District (RM) to the October 23, 2018 regular Council meeting.
- Council deferred second reading of Bylaw B333/18 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 37 acres within SW-21-85- 19-W5M from Agricultural District (A) to Rural Industrial District (RM) as amended to the October 23, 2018 regular Council meeting.
- Policy 3.22 Asset Management was approved as presented.
- $1,000 to the Peace Regional Healthcare Attraction and Retention Committee to assist with operations for 2019.
- $1,000 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee for the Sisters in Spirit Walk on October 4, 2018 in Peace River, AB.
- $10,000 to the Falher Friendship Corner Association to assist with the purchase of a new residence for their clients.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 9 & 23 – Regular Council Meetings. All meetings start at 9:30 a.m.
- October 12 – Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting – 9:00 a.m.
- October 19 – Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting for 2019 Budget discussions. – 9:30 a.m.