At the regular Council meeting held on October 9, 2018, Administration was directed to:
- Enter into a one year trial program with TRACtag Global Inc. for a bay station location at the Northern Sunrise County office upon the release/installation of the bay station.
- Bring back more information on Policy 1.5 Community Halls Support as discussed to a future Council meeting.
- Have the Farmers Restaurant kitchen floor at the Nampa Regional Civic Centre replaced./
- Continue with the updating of the County welcome signs with Council’s preferred design concept.
- Send a letter to Municipal Affairs requesting a time extension for the Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework and Intermunicipal Development Plan with Birch Hills County.
Council approved the joint media release regarding Clubroot with the County and the Canola Council of Canada.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B336/18 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and the Village of Nampa. The Bylaw will be brought back to the October 23, 2018 regular Council meeting for consideration of third reading.
- $10,000 to the Pawatum Peace Regional Sports Foundation to assist with the Foundation’s ability to sponsor at risk children in the region to participate in recreational opportunities.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 19 – Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting for 2019 Budget discussions. – 9:30 a.m.
- October 23 – Regular Council Meetings. All meetings start at 9:30 a.m.