September 11, 2018 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on September 11, 2018, Administration was directed to:
- Send Public Works Units #32049 – Blue Sky Trailer, Unit #32056 – 2004 WB Sand Hopper/Plow, Unit #32057 – 2004 Danco Gravel Box and Unit #32087 – 2012 Western Star Truck, and Agricultural Services Units #63008 – Utility Trailer and Unit #63024 – Canwest Trailer to an upcoming Ritchie Bros. auction, as per Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items.
- Work with Peace Regional RCMP to implement the Public Facing Crime Mapping link on the County website.
- Submit the Resolution for timely funding of Watershed Alliances from the Province to the next Rural Municipalities of Alberta District 4 Zone meeting in February, 2019.
- Advise Savage Canac Corporation that the County will waive the penalties for tax roll 315740 in the amount of $2,558.10.
- Send a letter to Heart River Housing that the County is in support of their 2019- 2023 business plan; and that the County agrees that Heart River Housing should encourage the Province of Alberta to fund the tenant liaison coordinator position.
- Send a letter to Simon Lavoie thanking him for his volunteer contributions and congratulating him for receiving the 2018 Recreation Volunteer award.
- Council received a presentation from ATCO Electric regarding the County microgen.
- Council received a presentation from the Peace Regional RCMP regarding the Public Facing Crime Mapping.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B334/18 to Repeal Bylaw B037/97 E-911 Services Bylaw as presented. The Bylaw will be brought to the September 25, 2018 Council meeting for third reading.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 25 and October 9 – Regular Council Meetings. All meetings start at 9:30 a.m.
- October 12 – Governance & Priorities Meeting – 9:00 a.m.
- October 19 – Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting for 2019 Budget discussions. – 9:30 a.m.