At the regular Council meeting held on September 10, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Lac Ste. Anne County regarding their request for a rural municipality caucus meeting, indicating that the Northern Alberta Elected Leaders has established a subcommittee for this purpose and invites the participation of Lac Ste. Anne Council at a future meeting.
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation requesting clarification on the road inspection process for maintenance of highway lighting.
- Enter into a service contract with Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency for January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2024.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Service Alberta regarding the County’s concerns with broadband and cell phone connectivity issues.
Council proclaimed September 23-28, 2019 as Alberta Development Officer’s Week in Northern Sunrise County.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B357/19 Intermunicipal Development Plan with the MD of Smoky River No. 130.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B358/19 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and the MD of Smoky River No. 130. Second and third reading will be requested on the October 8, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
- Ryan Hee and Mikel Jackman with Mercer Peace River Pulp provided a presentation on their 2019 General Development Plan.
- Brian Bettis with Telus provided a presentation on the cost estimate for Cell Towers in the County.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $250 for a silent auction item for the Region 6 Métis Nation of Alberta Annual General Meeting on October 19, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
- $1,000 to the Peace River High School Senior Boys Basketball Team to assist with the cost of tournaments for the season.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 24 and October 8 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- October 8 Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting at 1:00 p.m.