At the regular Council meeting held on September 24, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to of congratulations to Will Petluk and Family for receiving the 2019 Farm Family Award
- Send a letter to Alberta Environment and Parks in support of the Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce proposed draft Section 11: Species at Risk agreement.
- Send a letter of congratulations to Kristy Provost and Bobbi Toker for receiving the 2019 Recreation Volunteer Recognition Award.
Council proclaimed October 4, 2019 as Sisters in Spirit Day in Northern Sunrise County.
Council approved the 2020 Council Meeting schedule. The schedule will be available on the County website.
Council approved the Town of Peace River and Northern Sunrise County Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Negotiation Protocols.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B61/19 to amend Bylaw B325/18 Emergency Management Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested on the October 8, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B362/19 Council Meeting Procedural Bylaw. Third reading will be requested on the October 8, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B348/19for the purpose of redistricting approximately 93.9 acres within S-28-84-21-W5M from Environmental Park Reserve District (EPR) to Natural Resource Industrial District (NRM) as amended.
- Bob Blayone, Norm Boucher, and Cheryl Fitchie with the Peace Region Development Committee provided a presentation regarding operations of the Peace River Regional Airport.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $1,000 to the Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce for the Small Business Week event on October 24, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
- 1,000 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee for the 2019 Sisters in Spirit Walk on October 4, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 8 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- October 8 Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting at 1:00 p.m.
- October 22 Council Organizational Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- October 22 regular Council Meeting will follow the Organizational meeting
- October 22 Council Budget Meeting at 2:00 p.m.
- October 28 Council Budget Meeting at 1:00 p.m.