At the regular Council meeting held on August 27, 2019, Administration was directed to:
the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Canada Impaired Boating signage at:
- The intersection of Highway 986 and Haig Lake Road
- Haig Lake
- Joker Lake
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation requesting that in the event of further sliding on Highway 744 (Judah Hill) that a lane remains open to retain access to the Town of Peace River via the hill.
- Send the approved FCSS Committee Terms of Reference to the Village of Nampa for their information.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B359/19 to amend Bylaw B346/19 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented.
- Policy 2.10 Animal Disease Control was approved as presented.
- Policy 2.12 Right to Farm was approved as presented.
- Policy 3.15 Reserve Fund was approved as presented.
- Kevin Chrenek with Chrenek, Dion and Associates of RBC Dominion Securities provided an update on the County’s investment portfolio.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $3,000 to the Nampa & District Historical Society for their annual Wine Gala event on December 7, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
- $250 to the Peace River SPCA for their 12th Annual Tails on the Trail event on September 22, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 10 and 24 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.