At the regular Council meeting held on August 13, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Submit feedback regarding draft Directive XXX-Participant Involvement to the Alberta Energy Regulator as discussed.
- Send a response to the Town of Peace River that the County supports the Peace River Regional Airport Solar Installation project, in principle, with no funding support being allocated for the project.
- Request that the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) consider an emergent resolution for the RMA Fall Convention regarding the ruling to the Town of Peace River by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) that indicates intermunicipal cost share agreements are assessed as being subject to Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Submit the Municipal Accountability Program Review Report Action Plan to Municipal Affairs by September 19, 2019 to address the identified legislative gaps. The Municipal Accountability Review Report and Action Plan can be viewed on our County website at https://northernsunrise.civicweb.net/filepro/documents/53324?preview=53325
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B356/19 to repeal Bylaw B055/99 Designate Head of FOIP as presented.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B357/19 Intermunicipal Development Plan with the Municipal District of Smoky River No. 130 as presented. The Public Hearing will be on September 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B359/19 to amend Bylaw B346/19 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $250 to the Peace River Healthcare Attraction and Retention committee for gift baskets for medical residents.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- August 27 and September 10 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.