For Immediate Release – December 4, 2020
At 4:00 p.m. today, Northern Sunrise County will move to Enhanced Status on the Provincial Relaunch Status Map, with 13 active cases and an active case rate of 407.8 per 100,000 people. This status change includes all communities within the County’s limits.
Please note that the new measures for Enhanced Status communities will remain in place until at least December 15.
Effective November 24, the following measures were put in place across Alberta:
- No indoor social gatherings in any setting
- Outdoor gatherings have a maximum attendance of 10
- Weddings and funeral services have a maximum attendance of 10, with no receptions permitted
- No festivals or events
- Grades 7-12 will be doing at-home learning between November 30, 2020 to January 11, 2021
- ECS-Grade 6 at-home learning after break until January 11, 2021
- Working from home should be considered, where possible
Effective immediately, Northern Sunrise County will be following the additional measures for areas under Enhanced Status:
- For places of worship, the maximum in-person attendance is 1/3 of the occupancy set under the Alberta Fire Code, with mandatory masking
- Restricted access to some businesses
- Effective immediately, all community halls, community centres, senior centres, ‘pop up style’ indoor markets that have not been previously approved by Alberta Health Services, and farmers’ markets that have not been previously approved by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry are closed
More information on the new measures, including the specific restrictions on businesses, can be found here.
For further information, please contact:
Chief Administrative Officer
780.624.0013 or 780.625.3290