At the regular Council meeting held on December 15, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Apply for the Universal Broadband Fund at a future intake date.
- Create a Terms of Reference for the creation of an NSC Broadband Strategy Committee.
- Send a thank you letter to Municipal Affairs for the Municipal Stimulus Program funding for the Bridge Rehabilitation project.
- Send a letter of support to NAV Canada for their continued operation at the Peace River Regional Airport.
Council adopted the 2021 Provisional Operating and Capital Budgets as presented.
Council approved the 2021 Strategic Priorities Chart as presented.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $5,000 to In The Woods Animal Rescue to assist with their capital projects at the rescue.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Regional Women’s Shelter Society to assist with the security costs at the Shelter.
- $12,000 to the Peace River Salvation Army to assist with the costs of their Food Hamper Program.
- $9,832 to the Peace River Curling Club towards the purchase of a new scraper.
- $5,564 to the Nampa/Northern Sunrise County Community Services to assist with the cost of food for the Community Pantry Program.
- $50,000 to STARS for the “Fight for Life Fleet Campaign”.
- Sergeant Dave Browne introduced the new Community Liaison Officer, Constable Kyle Medicraft, and provided an update on operations at the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- January 12 & 26, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.