At the regular Council meeting held on November 24, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Town of Peace River indicating that upon completion of the Pat’s Creek Mitigation Project Proposal, a presentation is provided to the County.
- Enter into a road maintenance agreement with Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. for the East Haul Road.
- Send a letter to the Premier of Alberta highlighting the County’s investments in regional economic development in 2020.
- Apply for the 2021-2022 Municipal Internship Program Grant.
Council appointed public members to vacancies on the following Boards & Committees:
- Agricultural Service Board – Kyle Petluk
- FCSS Committee Ward 2 Nampa Rural District – Jasmine Petluk
- Intermunicipal Weed and Pest Appeal Board – Bryan Gacek and Matthew Kolebaba
- Municipal Planning Commission – Brian Pientsch, Kristy Provost and Wayne Thorp
- Northern Sunrise County Watershed Advisory Committee – Kristy Provost
- Regional Assessment Review Board – Peter Gunning
- Council approved Policy 6.5 Culverts/Approaches to Private Lands as amended.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $3,000 to the Nampa Minor Hockey Association to provide funding for the cost of ice time.
- $7,000 to the Nampa/Northern Sunrise County FCSS Christmas Gift Card Program.
- Glenda Farnden with STARS provided an update on their 2020 operations.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- December 15 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.