At the regular Council meeting held on November 30, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Draft a resolution for the Rural Municipalities of Alberta District 4 Zone Meeting on February 11, 2022 regarding the proposed Alberta Provincial Police Service.
Council authorized the Reeve to sign the Strategic Infrastructure Program application for BF 70584 under the Local Road Bridge Program.
Council approved the 2022 Strategic Priorities for the County.
Council appointed Mona Bouchard and Marlene Kunstleben to the Economic and Tourism Development Committee.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $12,000 to The Salvation Army, Peace River Family Services for their foodbank program.
- $14,373 to the Springfield Parent Advisory Council to assist with the cost of playground equipment.
- $5,000 to the Northern Sunrise Rural Crime Watch Association to assist with the cost of hosting the Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch Symposium, February 2022.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- December 14 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.