At the regular Council meeting held on December 14, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to North Peace Housing Foundation requesting an update regarding their trailers in Cadotte Lake, AB.
- Send a letter to Minister Madu requesting clarification on why an elected official was removed from participating in the upcoming virtual sessions about the proposed Alberta Provincial Police Service.
- Send a letter to the Peace River School Division to advocate for the continued operations of the Nampa Public School.
Council appointed Councillor Javos to the Nampa Public School Parent Council School Closure Committee.
Council adopted the 2022 Provisional Operating and Capital Budgets as presented.
- Council approved Policies 2.8 Public Area Maintenance and 6.18 Day Use Area Inspections and Maintenance as amended.
- Council approved Policies 6.15 Outdoor Rink Inspections and Maintenance, 6.16 Winter Maintenance of Paved Walking Paths and 6.17 Playground Inspections and Maintenance as presented.
- Glenda Farnden with STARS provided a presentation on their operations and a request for a four-year commitment of funding.
- China Sieger with the Peace River Restorative Justice Association provided a presentation on a donation request to assist with program costs.
- Clynton Butz and Lauren Krahn with the Nampa Public School Parent Council and Marie Dyck with the Peace River School Division provided a presentation regarding the possible closure of the Nampa Public School.
- Lorena Coombes and Louise Woroniuk with the Peace Regional Outreach Campus provided a presentation of their operations and a request for a four-year commitment of funding.
- Paul Hebert with the Servant’s Heart Initiative provided a presentation on a donation request for program funding.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $5,000 four-year commitment for 2022-2025 to STARS to assist with operations.
- $20,000 to the Peace River Restorative Justice Association to assist with program costs.
- $1,000 to the Peace River Women’s Shelter to assist with operations.
- $5,050 to the Peace Regional Victim Services to assist with operations.
- $25,000 four-year commitment for 2022-2025 to the Peace Regional Outreach Campus to assist with the cost of the Outreach Youth Support Program operations.
- $5,000 to the Servant’s Heart Initiative to assist with the cost of program operations.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- January 11 and 25, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- January 17, 2022 Governance and Priorities Committee Meeting at 3:00 p.m.
- Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.