At the regular Council meeting held on November 29, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Sign the 2023 VSI Services (1980) Ltd. Contract extension.
- Request a letter of support from MLA Williams for broadband funding.
- Send a letter to the Federal Minister of Public Security and Emergency Preparedness regarding the County’s opposition to Bill C-21 – An Act to Amend Certain Acts and to Make Certain Consequential Amendments (Firearms).
- Set up a meeting with MLA Williams, Peace River Victim Services, and members of Council who can attend to discuss the proposed Victim Services zonal model.
Council appointed Eve Calliou to the FCSS Committee for Ward 6 – Little Buffalo.
- Staff Sgt. Dave Browne with the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment discussed the September 27, 2022, quarterly Community Liaison report and the second quarter Provincial Policing Report for 2022-23 Fiscal Year.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $750 lunch sponsorship for the 2023 Women in the North Conference.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- December 13, 2022, regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.
The County’s Christmas Open House is on December 8, 2022, from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.