At the regular Council meeting held on November 15, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Schedule a meeting with MLA Dan Williams on November 24, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Write-off $33,643.43 of uncollected accounts receivable as per Policy 3.4 Accounts Receivable Collections
Council referred the multi-year municipal tax rebate program for new development on undeveloped lots in the Sunrise Gateway Business Park to Administration for follow up, which includes the following rebates:
- Year 1 – 75% rebate on municipal taxes
- Year 2 – 50% rebate on municipal taxes
- Year 3 – 25% rebate on municipal taxes
- Year 4 – 0% rebate on municipal taxes
Council approved the 2023 Strategic Priorities for the County.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $1,750 gold sponsorship for the Community Planning Association of Alberta 2023 Conference, May 1-3, 2023.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- November 29 & December 13, 2022, regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.
Watch for the County’s float in the upcoming Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce Santa Claus Parade on November 26, 2022, in Peace River.
Also, stay tuned for details of the County’s Christmas Open House on December 8, 2022.