At the regular Council meeting held on March 9, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to MLA Williams and MLA Rehn requesting that the Province of Alberta ensure that municipalities are informed, in a timely manner, of all provincial reports and regulations.
Council approved the collaborative partnership between the County and Woodland Cree First Nation regarding the Wood Bison reintroduction initiative.
- Tyler Banick with CN provided an update regarding the proposed County/CN culvert replacement project located at SW-26-81-21-W5M.
- Sergeant Browne provided an update on the annual objectives for the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment and Constable Medicraft provided the Community Liaison Officer Report.
- Lindsay Pratt with Heart River Housing provided an update on their 2021 capital projects.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B390/21 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B391/21 for the closure of Road Plan 832-0024, known as Bear Trap Road. A Public Hearing will be held on April 13, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B389/21 for the purpose of redistricting 154.95 acres within SE-10-86-14-W5M; Plan 8120492l Block D from Forestry District (F) to Little Buffalo District (LB).
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B387/21 as amended. Third reading will be requested at the March 23, 2021 regular Council meeting.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- March 23 & April 13, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.