At the regular Council meeting held on March 23, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Enroll the County in the Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention for 2021 in the amount of $500.
- Send a letter of support to Nord-Ouest FM for their application for the Canadian Heritage Grant.
- Send a letter of support to Mercer International Inc. for their application to the Emissions Reduction Alberta Shovel Ready Challenge Grant.
- Send a letter to Municipal Affairs regarding Council’s concerns about Alberta’s Disaster Recovery Program.
- Send a letter of support to IWantwireless for the Universal Broadband Fund.
Council appointed David LeBlanc, Julien Bergeron and Ian Cosh as Fire Guardians for Northern Sunrise County, who shall exercise the powers and duties of Fire Guardian as set out in the Forest and Prairie Protection Act to the best of their ability, for a period of one year, from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
Council nominated the Northern Sunrise Rural Crime Watch Committee for the Alberta Community Justice Awards – Community Mobilization category.
- Janel Brightwell and Tanya Nagy with the Peace River Agricultural Society provided a presentation requesting a letter of support to construct an Agriplex at the Peace River Ag Grounds.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B384/21 Prohibited and Noxious Species. Second reading will be requested at the April 13, 2021 regular Council meeting.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B386/21 Records Management Bylaw as presented. Third reading will be requested at the April 13, 2021 regular Council meeting.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B387/21 Council Meeting Procedural Bylaw as presented.
- Council deferred second reading of Bylaw B388/21 for the purpose of amending the Land Use Bylaw B275/15 to a future Council meeting.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B392/21 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 3.67 acres within SW-3-84-20-W5M from Agricultural District (A) to Rural Industrial District (RM). The Public Hearing for this Bylaw will be on April 27, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
- $1,000 to the Alberta Community Crime Prevention Association 2021 Virtual Conference on May 10-13, 2021.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- April 13 & April 27, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.