At the regular Council meeting held on February 23, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Provide a letter of support to the Lubicon Lake Band for the Universal Broadband Fund.
- Provide a letter of support to TELUS for the Universal Broadband Fund.
- Send a letter to Alberta Justice and Solicitor General regarding the challenges that police-based victim services programs are facing in Alberta.
- Submit the Rural Crime Watch initiative of advocating for community impact statements in court to the 2021 Minister’s Awards for Municipal Excellence.
- Send a letter to the Peace Valley Snow Riders thanking them for their contributions to the region.
- Send a letter to the Premier of Alberta regarding the County’s concerns regarding the Class 1 Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) Program.
- Send a letter to the Alberta Energy Regulator regarding the County’s concerns about Directive 067 – Eligibility Requirements for Acquiring and Holding Energy Licenses and approvals.
- Policy 5.12 Work-From-Home was approved as presented.
- $1,000 to the Community Planning Association of Alberta for their annual conference on May 3-5, 2021.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B388/21 for the purpose of amending the following sections within Land Use Bylaw B275/15 as follows:
- Section 2.3 Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Section 3.3 Permission for Development
- Section 3.5 Development Permits and Notices
- Section 3.10 Subdivision and Development Appeal Procedure
- Section 7.2 Land Use Districts
- Section 7.19.4 Parcel Size
- Section 8.3 Intermunicipal Development Plan;
The Public Hearing for this Bylaw will be March 23, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B390/21 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented. Third reading will be requested at the March 9, 2021 Council meeting.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- March 9 & 23, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.