At the regular Council meeting held on March 8, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Lubicon Lake Band inviting a representative to be on the Watershed Advisory Committee.
Council approved Development Permit Application 22-03 for a permanent camp within Plan 9525121; Block 7; Lot 4 with the standard conditions as well as the following conditions:
- An Emergency Response Plan approved by the Director of Protective Services;
- Muster point identified within the parking area, adequate lighting, and marked stalls for residents to ensure safety in case of an emergency;
- Documentation from an Alberta Safety Codes Council authorized Inspector stating that the sewage system is installed and working appropriately;
- A Rescind Notice from Alberta Health Services;
- Site orientation to be completed by Northern Sunrise County’s First Responders;
- The development permit is temporary for six months to ensure the camp is operating in compliance with Alberta Health Services and Alberta Safety Codes Council’s standards;
- Consent for Right of Entry be provided on the Development Permit application form by the landowner.
Council authorized the closure of the County Facilities from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on May 6, 2022 to allow for a County Inter Department Team Building Exercise.
Council approved ALUS Northern Sunrise County as a community stakeholder in the ALUS Canada Woodland Cree First Nation Wood Bison Reintroduction Initiative.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B401/22 for the purpose of redistricting 40.01 acres within Plan 9525121; Block 7; Lot 4 from Agricultural District (A) to Direct Control District (DC).
- Council approved Policy 1.36 Creative Industries as amended.
- Alexandra Brochu with the Northern Rural Chicks provided a presentation on the Women’s Day Event on April 9, 2022 in Falher, AB.
- Lara Ellis and Rhonda King with ALUS Canada provided an update on the Woodland Cree First Nation Wood Bison Reintroduction Initiative.
- Wendy Goulet with the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency provided a presentation on the upcoming Pow Wow Event on June 4-5, 2022 in Northern Sunrise County, AB.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $1,000 sponsorship for the Northern Rural Chicks Women’s Day Event on April 9, 2022 in Falher, AB.
- $10,000 sponsorship for the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Pow Wow Event on June 4-5, 2022 in Northern Sunrise County, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- March 22 & April 12, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.