February 22, 2022 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on February 22, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Include an additional $500,000 in the 2022 Capital Budget for the CN Crossing project near Nampa.
- Provide a letter of support for the Peace Regional Waste Management Company’s application for the 2022 FCM Sustainable Communities Award in the Waste category.
- Send a letter to Jacques Monfette suggesting that he contact Arnold Viersen, MP for Peace River – Westlock and Dan Williams, MLA for Peace River regarding his concerns about the COVID-19 restrictions and mandates.
- Submit the following County policing priorities to the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment: Property Crime/Break and Entry; Organized Crime and Drug Trafficking; and Cyber Crimes.
- Staff Sgt. Dave Browne discussed annual priorities and Cst. Mitch Guenette provided an update on the Community Liaison Officer quarterly report.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $5,000 to the Peace Region Minor Football Club to assist with meals and travel expenses.
- $1,700 sponsorship and $100 silent auction item for the Community Planning Association of Alberta Annual Conference on May 2 – 4, 2022 in Leduc, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- March 8 & 22, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.