At the regular Council meeting held on January 25, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Alberta Utilities Commission regarding the County’s concerns of increased fees associated with the provision of gas and electric services for libraries.
- Send a letter to the North Peace Housing Foundation regarding the disposition and removal of the Foundation’s two mobile home units in Cadotte Lake located on County owned lots; Plan 0720558 Block 1 Lot 3 and Plan 0720558 Block 2 Lot 5 at the expense of the Foundation.
- Include $2,000 in the annual operations budget for five years (2022-2026) for the Boreal Nature Network to assist with the costs of their Bat Monitoring Program.
Council appointed the following public members to the County Boards & Committees: Sarah Keates, Economic & Tourism Development Committee; Gladys Christian. FCSS Committee for Little Buffalo; Kristy Belzile and Simon Lavoie, Intermunicipal Weed and Pest Appeal Board; Lauren Krahn, Northern Sunrise County Watershed Advisory Committee.
- Council gave third reading and passed Bylaw B399/22 Fees and Charges Bylaw.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw Bylaw B401/22 for the purpose of redistricting 40.01 acres within Plan 9525121; Block 7; Lot 4 from Agricultural District (A) to Direct Control District (DC). The Public Hearing is scheduled for March 8, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- Policy 2.9 Municipal Rights-of-Way and Road Allowances was approved as presented.
- Policy 4.7 Health and Safety was approved as presented.
- County Residents: Jim Rosin, Wayne Thorp and Dave Walty provided Council with a presentation of a proposal for a conservation area adjacent to the Three Creeks gravel pit.
- Gisèle Bouchard with the Nord-Ouest FM Radio Station provided a presentation on available programming sponsorship opportunities.
- Tammy Menssa with the North Peace Housing Foundation provided an update regarding the Sustainable Remote Housing Initiative Program in Cadotte Lake, AB.
- $750 for the 2022 Women in the North Conference in Peace River, AB.
- $3,000 to Nord-Ouest FM Radio Station for programming.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- February 22 & March 8, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- February 28, 2022 Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting from 3:00 p.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.