At the regular Council meeting held on March 22, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Minister of Justice & Solicitor General requesting a meeting with him to discuss the County’s opposition to the Alberta Provincial Police Service.
Council accepted the Northern Sunrise County Asset Management Plan dated March 22, 2022 as amended.
Council proclaimed May 9-13, 2022 as International Economic Development week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council participated in both the Rural Municipalities of Alberta Energy Regulator Member Engagement survey and the Alberta Health Services Emergency Medical Services Current State survey.
Council proclaimed June 6-12, 2022 as Seniors’ Week in Northern Sunrise County and will provide $600 to each community group organizing a Seniors’ Week event.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $1,500 for the Alberta Community Crime Prevention Association 2022 Annual Conference.
- $500 to the Peace River Minor Hockey Wranglers U18 B Team to assist with travel and meals costs for the hockey provincials on April 1-3, 2022 in Slave Lake, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- April 12 & 26, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
- April 25, 2022 Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.