At the regular Council meeting held on March 28, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to LaPrairie Group regarding the mitigation of flooding at the property located on Highway 2 and Township Road 810.
- Send a letter to MLA Williams requesting timely responses to correspondence sent to him.
- Send a letter to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta expressing the County’s concerns about the potential impacts to municipal taxation and assessment as a result of unpaid oil and gas tax advocacy.
Council proclaimed May 8-12, 2023 as International Economic Development Week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council proclaimed May 21-27, 2023, as National Public Works Week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council approved development permit application 23-05 for the development of a temporary camp within Plan 1422529; Block 1; Lot 1 with the standard development conditions and the following additional conditions:
- The camp will be in operation for a period no longer than 2 years from the completion date of construction April 30, 2023;
- An Emergency Response Plan approved by the Director of Protective Services;
- Muster point identified within the parking area, adequate lighting, and marked stalls for residents to ensure safety in case of an emergency;
- Documentation from an Alberta Safety Codes Council authorized Inspector stating that the sewage system is installed and working appropriately;
- Site orientation to be completed by Northern Sunrise County’s First Responders;
- The site shall be reclaimed to its original state and the camp shacks removed, when the site is no longer in operation; and
- The Developer enters into an annual Road Use Agreement with Northern Sunrise County for the duration of the temporary camps operation.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B419/23 Council Procedural Bylaw as amended.
- Council gave second and third reading to and passed Bylaw B428/23 for the purpose of redistricting a portion of Plan 1422529; Block 1; Lot 1 from Agricultural District (A) to Direct Control District (DC) as presented.
- Council rescinded Policies 1.3 Councillor Reports and 1.22 Governance and Priorities Committee Terms of Reference as they are now incorporated in Bylaw B419/23 Council Procedural Bylaw.
- Tammy Menssa and Hazel Reintjes with the North Peace Housing Foundation provided an update of their operations.
- Jim McCuaig, Alisha Mody and Arum Thomas with the Town of Peace River provided an update on the Pat’s Creek Mitigation project.
- Hal Bamping and Felix Bergeron with the Peace River Boating Association provided an update of their operations.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $5,000 to Peace River Boating Association for the upgrade to the boat launch in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- April 11 & 25, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.