At the regular Council meeting held on March 14, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Town of Peace River inviting a member from their Economic Development Committee to join the Northern Sunrise County Economic and Tourism Development Committee.
Council appointed David LeBlanc and Julien Bergeron as Fire Guardians for Northern Sunrise County, who shall exercise the powers and duties of Fire Guardian as set out in the Forest and Prairie Protection Act to the best of their ability, for a period of one year, from April 1, 2023, to March 31, 2024.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B419/23 Council Procedural Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the March 28, 2023, regular Council meeting.
- Council deferred second reading of Bylaw B422/23 for the purpose of amending the Municipal Development Plan Bylaw B397/21 to a future Council meeting to allow Administration to amend section 6.5 Confined Feeding Operations to include a buffer of 4 kilometres from residential dwellings.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B424/23 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B429/23 to Repeal Bylaw B126/07 Debenture – Sunrise Gateway Business Park and Bylaw B135/07 Amendment to Bylaw B126/07 as presented.
- Staff Sgt. Dave Browne with the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment provided an update on their operations, as well as a discussion on the County’s policing priorities for 2023.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $500 to the École des Quatre-Vents to assist with the transportation costs for the Grade 6 field trip to Edmonton, AB.
- $250 to the Peace River Curling Club for the Junior Bonspiel on March 19, 2023.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- March 28 & April 11, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.