At the regular Council meeting held on June 13, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Farmers Restaurant thanking them for their many years of providing great food and drinks to the region and working with many of the local community organizations to provide catering for their events.
Council recognizes the importance of having a restaurant in the Village and will be looking for a new provider for this great space and location.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B426/23 Credit Card Borrowing Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B427/23 Line of Credit Borrowing Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave second and third reading to and passed Bylaw B433/23 Lending Bylaw for the Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association for the purpose of the construction of a new facility as presented.
- Policy 1.5 Community Halls Support was approved as amended.
- Marie Dyck and Ethyl Velie with the Nampa & District Daycare Society provided Council with an overview of the proposed operations of the Nampa & District Daycare.
- Lynn Gaydosh, Sandra Herritt and Tricia Towne with Alberta Health Services, North Zone provided an update of operations at the Peace River Community Health Centre.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $1,000 to the Region 6 Métis Nation of Alberta Golf Tournament on August 25, 2023 at the Mighty Peace Golf Course.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- July 11 & 25, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.