At the regular Council meeting held on June 14 , 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Apply calcium on Township Road 840 east of Highway 688 at the residences along the road at no cost to the residents.
- Submit Council’s feedback for the potential amendments to the Local Authorities Election Act and the Municipal Government Act.
- Provide a letter of support for The Green Goddess business to apply for the Local Food Infrastructure Funding and True North Aid Community Grant Program.
- Provide a letter of support for the potential grant funding of the construction of Highway 686 East-West Connector to Alberta Transportation.
- Provide feedback to the Shadow Minister for Rural Economic Development and Rural Broadband Strategy regarding the County’s issues that impact economic development as a rural community.
Council made the decision to use a land acknowledgement at the beginning of annual Organizational meetings.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B407/22 to repeal Bylaw B201/95 Delegation of Subdivision Authority and Bylaw B081/02 Cost Sharing Agreement as presented. Third reading will be requested at the June 28, 2022, regular Council meeting.
- Lorena Coombes, Louise Woroniuk, Bryan Imray and Shaelynn Chenard with the Peace Regional Outreach Society provided an update of their operations.
- Deanna Basarab with Alberta Labour and Immigration, Employer and Program Services, provided a presentation on the Rural Renewal Stream.
- Lindsay Pratt with Heart River Housing provided an update of their operations.
- Felix Bergeron with the Peace River Boating Association provided a presentation of their donation request for the Peace River Gold Cup Jet Boat Races on July 29-31, 2022, in Peace River, AB.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Boating Association for the Peace River Gold Cup Jet Boat Races on July 29-31, 2022, in Peace River, AB.
- $3,385 to the Peace River Art Club to assist with their operations.
- $250 to the Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council for their Charity Golf Tournament on July 9, 2022.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- June 28 & July 12, 2022, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.