At the regular Council meeting held on June 28 , 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Cancel the outstanding property tax amount of $1,616.19 for Tax Roll #296506, as this property is exempt under the Social and Affordable Housing Accommodation Exemption Regulation that came into effect on February 14, 2022.
- Advise CN of the sight line safety issues at rural rail crossings in the County.
- Send a letter to CN regarding the County’s contributions to rail safety.
Council proclaimed September 19 – 25, 2022 as Rail Safety Week in Northern Sunrise County.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B407/22 to repeal Bylaw B201/95 Delegation of Subdivision Authority and Bylaw B081/02 Cost Sharing Agreement as presented.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B408/22 for the purpose of redistricting 19 parcels within the Hamlet of Little Buffalo to the Little Buffalo District and 2 parcels re-designated to Hamlet Public District. The Public Hearing will be held on July 26, 2022, at 10:00 a.m.
- Sgt. Dave Browne, Acting Detachment Commander, with the Peace River RCMP Detachment provided a quarterly update regarding their operations.
- $5,000 to the Lubicon Lake Band for their Cultural Camp on July 11 – 14, 2022 in Little Buffalo, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- July 12 & 26, 2022, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.