At the regular Council meeting held on July 28, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Proceed with a County membership in the Alberta Bilingual Municipalities Association.
- Invite all rural municipalities to travel to the Alberta Legislature to advocate the impacts of the proposed assessment model changes for rural municipalities.
- Arrange a Telephone Town Hall meeting for County residents on August 11, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. regarding the impacts of the proposed assessment model changes for rural municipalities.
- Send a letter to the Government of Canada regarding the Criminal Code amendment for firearms.
- Submit the completed Public Trust in Confined Feeding Operations survey to MNP LLP.
Council authorized the Transfer of Land from Northern Sunrise County to the North Peace Housing Foundation for the lands described as Plan 0720558, Block 2, Lot 7 in Cadotte Lake, Alberta in the amount of $20,484.26.
- Council approved Policy 3.23 Request for Proposals as amended.
- Diane Chiasson with the Conseil de Développement Économique de l’Alberta regarding the Alberta Bilingual Municipalities Association.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- August 11 and August 28 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.