At the regular Council meeting held on July 27, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Relocate the slide structure at the Reno Ukrainian Catholic Parish property in Reno, AB to the Nampa Museum in Nampa, AB.
- Provide an update on the agricultural conditions in the County for the August 24, 2021 regular Council meeting.
- $5,000 to the Miserable Miles Event on August 28, 2021 to assist with the costs of construction of obstacles.
- Ryan Konowalyk with the Peace Region Hockey Tour Society provided a presentation on a donation request for their Hockey Tour.
- Shanelle Van Oort and Debbie Thompson with Miserable Miles provided a presentation on a donation request for their Miserable Miles event on August 28, 2021.
- Kevin Chrenek with Chrenek Dion & Associates of RBC Dominion Securities Inc. provided an update on the County’s investment portfolio.
- Brian Bettis with TELUS provided an update on the Universal Broadband Fund application.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- August 10 & 24, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. All Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber at the Northern Sunrise County Administration Building at 135 Sunrise Road. As an alternative option to attending in person, Council meetings will still be offered virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.