At the regular Council meeting held on July 13, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Offer Elector Assistance at Home for the 2021 Municipal Election on October 14, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Proceed with the Municipal Development Plan Refresh and schedule an Open House on July 29, 2021 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. to present the Municipal Development Plan.
- Schedule the annual Residents Meeting for November 8, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the St. Isidore Cultural Centre, and the County Christmas Open House for December 15, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Send letters of support to Provincial MP’s, MLA’s, Federal Ministers, and local area Municipalities indicating the County’s support for the following resolutions: a national plan for the re-opening of the economy, the creation of a National 988 suicide hotline, the adoption of Bills: C-262, C-214, C-208, C-206, C-205, C-234, C-211, C-219, C-228, C-220, C-216, C-203, C-233, C-204, C-268, and opposition to Bill C-21 and C-22.
- Send a letter to the Premier and the MLA advocating for funding for small businesses regarding post COVID-19 recovery.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Health, Action on Smoking & Health Canada, and the Premier, regarding Council’s opposition to the new Provincial vaping regulations.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Health advocating for timely access to mental health and addiction services in the Peace region.
- Purchase a weekly full-page ad in the South Peace News.
- Submit request to meet with the Honourable Ric McIver, Minister of Municipal Affairs at the 2021 Rural Municipalities of Alberta Fall Convention.
- Submit a completed survey for the Rural Crime Strategic Framework to Public Safety Canada.
- Policy 5.7 Driving and Vehicle Use was approved as presented.
- Policy 5.1 Personnel was approved as presented.
- Nick Bevington and Christiaan Lombard with AECOM provided a presentation on the Northern Sunrise County Asset Management Roadmap Summary.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- July 27 & August 10, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.