At the regular Council meeting held on January 10, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to ATCO Electric regarding the County’s concern of the lack of maintenance on highway lighting in the region.
- Send a letter to the Peace Region 55+ Summer Games Committee thanking them for organizing and implementing the 2022 Alberta 55+ Summer Games.
- Request a meeting with the Minister of Municipal Affairs during the Rural Municipalities of Alberta Spring Convention on March 20-23, 2023, in Edmonton, AB to request updates on the local government fiscal framework, the assessment model review, the zonal model for Victim Services and the proposed Alberta Provincial Police Service.
- Request a meeting with the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency during the Rural Municipalities of Alberta Spring Convention on March 20-23, 2023, in Edmonton, AB to discuss the proposed Victim Services zonal model.
Council approved the following 2023 Capital purchases and expenditures:
- 2023 Public Works Equipment – $950,000
- 2023 Agricultural Services Equipment – $272,000
- Bridge File BF86233 – $1,500,000
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B420/23 for the purpose of amending the Land Use Bylaw B275/15 to include a Temporary Camp District. The Public Hearing will be on February 14, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.
- Policy 3.17 Travel and Subsistence was approved as presented.
- Policy 3.18 Council and Board Remuneration was approved as presented.
- Policy 4.7 Health and Safety was approved as presented.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $500 to the Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association Ag Research Agricultural Trade Show on March 16-18, 2023 in Falher, AB.
- $1,000 to the Peace River Art Club to assist with their operations.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- January 24 & February 14, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.