Need assistance with filing your taxes? If eligible, Nampa/Northern Sunrise County FCSS is here to help!
Eligibility for the CVITP (based on 2022 tax slips) is determined based on household income:
Single person – up to $35,000
Couple – up to $45,000 combined
One adult with one child – up to $37,000
For each additional child – $2,500 additional income
To qualify for the Nampa/Northern Sunrise County Community Services Volunteer Income Tax Program you must be a resident of Northern Sunrise County or the Village of Nampa and you cannot:
1.Be self employed or have employment expenses
2. Have business income and expenses (if less than $1000 there may be an exception, please inquire)
3. Have rental income
4. Have interest income over $1,000. Have capital gains or losses
6. Have filed for bankruptcy
7. File for a deceased person.
Book an appointment and bring in your tax slips and forms between
March 13, 2023 – April 28, 2023 to either the Northern Sunrise County Administration office or to your local Nampa/Northern Sunrise County FCSS Office.
- This service will be by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- You must have all your slips ready
- Government issued ID MUST be shown
- Do not come in if you have been exposed to, or have symptoms of COVID-19. If you are displaying symptoms, you will be asked to leave and reschedule
- Those completing your returns are NOT tax professionals
For the program poster click here
Low or no income? There are benefits to ﬁling your taxes!
- Federal Child Tax Benefit (up to $500/month/child);
- Provincial Child Tax Benefit (up to $200/month/child);
- Universal Child Care Benefits.
- Carbon Tax Rebate;
- GST/HST Refunds;
- Medication Payment Assistance;
- Provincial Medical Premium Assistance.
- Old Age Security;
- Nursing Home, Community, or Rental Living Support.
- Education Tax Credits and Deductions;
- Student Loan Interest Deduction.