At the regular Council meeting held on January 24, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Schedule an open house for the Land Use Bylaw refresh on March 9, 2023 from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B419/23 Non-Residential Property Tax Incentive as amended to include the following eligibility requirement:
- Development which meets the minimum threshold of generating $250,000 increase to the assessment may be considered for tax exemption under this Bylaw.
Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the February 14, 2023, regular Council meeting.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B422/23 for the purpose of amending the Municipal Development Plan Section 6.5 Confined Feeding Operations to expand the buffer to include residential dwellings. The Public Hearing will be on March 14, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $1,000 to the Nampa & District Daycare Society to assist with the costs of registering for society status.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- February 14 & 28, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.