At the regular Council meeting held on April 26, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Work with SARDA Ag Research on the requested funding for their capital construction project.
- Display a Peace Region Area Monitoring Program Air Quality Health Index lantern at the County Administration Building.
Council recognizes June 8, 2022, as the 30th annual World Ocean’s Day and supports national and international efforts to protect 30% of the ocean by 2030.
Council approved the County’s 2021 Audited Financial Statements as presented.
- Council gave third reading and passed Bylaw B403/22 Tax Rate Bylaw as amended, with a 0% increase to the mill rates.
- Council gave third reading and passed Bylaw B404/22 2022 Property Tax Payment Incentives Bylaw as presented.
Bylaw B404/22 2022 Property Tax Payment Incentives Bylaw provides a 5% reduction on the municipal portion of the tax notice for residential and farmland owners if you pay your 2022 tax notice by the due date of June 30.
- Policy 3.2 Investments was approved as presented.
- Policy 3.8 Accounts Payable was approved as presented.
- Linda Rondeau and Leah Wood with the Peacefest Society provided an update regarding their Party in the Park Event on July 9, 2022, in Peace River, AB.
- Ray Zavery and Dayna McCauley with Source Energy Services provided an update regarding the Peace River Mine operations.
- Karla Reesor, Mike Bisaga and Eileen Coristine with the Peace River Area Monitoring Program provided an update regarding their operations.
- Cheri Peterson with MNP provided a presentation on the County’s 2021 Audited Financial Statements.
- $10,000 to the Peacefest Society for the Party in the Park event on July 9, 2022, in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- May 10 & 24, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.