At the regular Council meeting held on April 12, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Organize an appreciation lunch for County Public Works Staff for National Public Works Week May 15 – 21, 2022.
- Include information in the 2022 tax notice mail out regarding the annual requisition from the Government of Alberta for the County’s portion of policing costs.
- Advise the National Police Federation that the County would like to sign onto the Call to Action to the Government of Alberta to halt the idea of a new provincial police force.
Council proclaimed May 15 – 21, 2022, as National Public Works Week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council proclaimed May 30 – June 3, 2022, as Alberta Rural Health Week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council approved the 2022-2024 Operations Budget and the 2022-2026 Capital Budget as presented.
Council approved the temporary road closure of a portion of Sunrise Road from the entrance to Fairgrounds Road to Willy’s Trucking from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on June 22, 2022, for the County’s Canada Day Celebration.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B402/22 Traffic Control as presented. The Public Hearing is scheduled for May 10, 2022, at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B403/22 Tax Rate Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the April 26, 2022, regular Council meeting.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B403/22 Property Tax Payment Incentives Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the April 26, 2022, regular Council meeting.
- Policy 5.1 Personnel was approved as amended.
- Policy 6.19 Emergency Vehicle Replacement was approved as presented.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- May 10 & 24, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.