November 27, 2018 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on November 27, 2018, Administration
was directed to:
- Include the membership fee increase to $2.60 per capita from the Mighty Peace Tourist Association in the draft 2019 operational budget.
- Send a letter to the Canadian Silica Industries thanking them for their work with the Local Communications Committee.
- Apply for the Asset Management Cohort program opportunity from the Rural Municipalities of Alberta, Alberta Urban Municipalities Association and Infrastructure Asset Management Alberta.
- Set the reserve bid for Tax Roll 230474 at the 2018 assessed value of $42,090 and Tax Roll 230431 at the 2018 assessed value of $48,990 for the Public Auction scheduled on December 7, 2018.
- Council gave third reading and passed Bylaw B335/18 Intermunicipal Weed and Pest Appeal Board between Northern Sunrise County, Big Lakes County and the County of Northern Lights.
- Council gave third reading and passed Bylaw B338/18 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and Big Lakes County.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B3171/17for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 to update definitions, clerical corrections and add Occupation, Home II as a discretionary use in the residential hamlet districts (HR and HMHR) and Agricultural, Intensive as a discretionary use in the Rural Settlement District (RS) as amended. A Public Hearing has been scheduled for January 8, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B337/18 to Repeal Bylaw B040/97 Provide for a License Agreement Respecting a Portion of a Road Allowance, Bylaw B042/98 Road License Agreements, and Bylaw B047/98 Road License Agreements as presented.
- Council approved Policy 6.2 Road Allowances as presented.
- Council approved Policy 6.11 Road Standards as amended.
- $20,000 for the 2019 Peace Fest event scheduled for July 20-21, 2019.
- $1,000 for the North West Regional Skills Canada Competition scheduled for April 25-26, 2019.
- $500 to the Families First Adopt a Family 2018 Christmas program.
- $500 for the 2019 North Peace Performing Arts Festival.
- $2,500 for the 2019 Women in the North Conference scheduled for April 10-11, 2019.
- Council received a presentation from the Peace Valley Snowriders regarding an update of their operations.
- Council received a presentation from Kevin Smar regarding broadband in the Sunrise Gateway Business Park.
- Council received a presentation from the Local Communications Committee for Canadian Silica Industries.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- December 11 – Regular Council Meeting. All meetings start at 9:30 a.m.
The County’s Christmas Open House is scheduled for December 19, 2018 from 4-7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.