At the regular Council meeting held on September 22, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation thanking them for funding the construction of the bridge twinning project in the Town of Peace River.
- Send a letter to the Premier of Alberta indicating the importance of accessibility to regular and specialized health care for northern Alberta children.
- Schedule the Public Land Sale for sixteen lots in Little Buffalo for December 16, 2020.
Council accepted the 2021 Council meeting schedule. The schedule will be available on the County website in the new year.
Council has directed the Agricultural Service Board to review Policy 2.9 Municipal Rights-of-Way and Policy 6.2 Road Allowances and provide an update to Council for consideration.
A Public Hearing was held for Bylaw B381/20 for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 to add Cannabis Retail Store and Retail Establishment as discretionary uses within the Little Buffalo District. The motion to consider the Bylaw for second reading was defeated.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $600 to the Club du Bon Temps for their Christmas gift basket program in lieu of a Seniors Week event.
- $25,000 to the Nampa Golden Pioneers to assist with the cost of repairs to the Drop In Centre.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 13 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- October 27 Council Organizational Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- October 27 regular Council Meeting will follow the Organizational Meeting. As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.