At the regular Council meeting held on October 13, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Send Public Works Unit #32068 – 2007 GMC Pickup, Unit #32084 – 2011 GMC Sierra Pickup, Unit #41007 – 2010 Dodge 1500 RAM Pickup and Unit #41008 – 2011 Chevy Silverado LT Pickup to an upcoming Ritchie Bros. auction, as per Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items.
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation regarding the lane closure and winter maintenance plan for the top of Judah Hill on Highway 744.
- Assume ownership of the following parcels of land that were not sold at the September 17, 2020 Public Auction: Tax Roll 048727, Tax Roll 048730, Tax Roll 158262, Tax Roll 048135, Tax Roll 049337, Tax Roll 313457, Tax Roll 313589, Tax Roll 313595 and Tax Roll 018141.
- Cancel the annual Christmas Open House on December 9, 2020 due to the ongoing public health restrictions from COVID-19. A Christmas letter will be sent to County ratepayers.
- Send a letter of congratulations to Jeanne D’arc Mailloux for receiving the Fédération des Aînés Franco-Albertans Senior of the Year Award.
Council authorized the Reeve and CAO to sign the Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Agreement between Northern Sunrise County and the County of Northern Lights as presented.
- Council approved Policy 6.4 Passenger Vehicle Maintenance and Replacement as presented.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $427.50 to TA Norris Middle School for the purchase of reusable cutlery sets.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 27 Council Organizational Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- October 27 regular Council Meeting will follow the Organizational Meeting.
- November 10 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.