At the regular Council meeting held on September 14, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Implement an online business self-registration form on the County website.
- Send a letter to Telus requesting information on how they would support and improve rural connectivity to County ratepayers.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Agriculture and Forestry regarding the County’s concerns about the Province’s response to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta’s Resolution 18-20F; Municipal Decision-making on Fire Bans in Hamlets Within Forest Protection Area.
- Send a letter to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta regarding an update on the Province’s response to Resolution 18-20F; Municipal Decision-making on Fire Bans in Hamlets Within Forest Protection Area.
- Send a letter to the Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association (SARDA) indicating that the County will continue to provide funding in the amount of $70,000 until 2023. Council will review future funding requests from SARDA during the 2024 budget discussions.
Council proclaimed October 4, 2021 as Sisters in Spirit Day in Northern Sunrise County.
- Bylaw B397/21 Municipal Development Plan was given second and third reading as amended.
- Policy 2.18 Apicultural Pests and Diseases was approved as presented.
- $2,500 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency for Orange Shirt Day activities and the Sisters in Spirit Walk.
- Pam Davidson, Senate Elections Candidate, provided an update on her candidacy for the upcoming Senate Election.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- September 28 and October 12, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.