At the regular Council meeting held on September 13, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the ministries of Municipal Affairs, Energy, Treasury Board and Finance regarding the consideration of compensating municipalities for lost revenue following changes to assessment.
- Submit the Synthetic Fertilizer Emissions Resolution to the Agricultural Service Board Regional Conference on October 28, 2022 in Grande Prairie, AB.
Council proclaimed October 4, 2022 as Sisters in Spirit Day in Northern Sunrise County.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B416/22 Prohibited Animal Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the September 27, 2022 regular Council meeting.
- Council approved amendments to Policy 3.7 Purchase Orders as presented.
- $500 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee for the Sisters in Spirit Walk on October 4, 2022 in Peace River, AB.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Family Services/Salvation Army for their food bank program.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 26, 2022 Budget Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- September 27 & October 11, 2022, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.