At the regular Council meeting held on August 23, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Accept the offer from Alberta Environment and Parks to convert the Recreation Lease for REC840004 (Harmon Valley Park) to a Tourism and Commercial Recreation Lease for a 60-year term to be renewed in 2082.
- Council gave third reading and passed Bylaw B414/22 Dog Control Bylaw as presented.
- Liisa Jeffrey, Peace Country Beef and Forage Association provided an update regarding Results Driven Agriculture Research (RDAR) funding.
- MP Arnold Viersen had a conversation with Council.
- $10,000 to the Nampa/Northern Sunrise Community Services 2022 Christmas Gift Card Program.
- $1,000 to the Miserable Miles event on September 10, 2022.
- $250 for a coffee break and $100.00 worth of County swag to the Alberta Municipal Taxation Professionals Association Conference on September 22-23, 2022.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 13 & 27, 2022, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
- September 26 Budget Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.