At the regular Council meeting held on October 8, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement for Library Board Services with the Peace Library System.
- Send a letter to the Town of Peace River indicating the County’s support of the Town of Peace River’s regional bid for the Alberta 55 Plus Games in 2021.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B358/19 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and the Municipal District of Smoky River No.130 as presented.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B361/19 to amend Bylaw B325/18 Emergency Management Bylaw as presented and appointed Reeve Kolebaba to serve on the County Emergency Advisory Committee.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B362/19 Council Meeting Procedural Bylaw.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B365/19 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and Mackenzie County No. 23. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested on the October 22, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $325 to the Glenmary Cross-Country Team to cover the teams’ registration fees for the Provincial Cross-Country Meet on October 18-20, 2019 in Medicine Hat, AB.
- Provide up to $500 for the County’s submission for the 2019 Festival of Trees in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 22 Council Organizational Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- October 22 regular Council Meeting will follow the Organizational meeting
- October 22 Council Budget Meeting at 2:00 p.m.
- October 28 Council Budget Meeting at 1:00 p.m.
- November 19 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.