October 22, 2019 Organizational Meeting
At the October 22, 2019 organizational meeting, Councillor Kolebaba was re-elected Reeve by acclamation. Councillor Duval was re-elected Deputy Reeve, also by acclamation.
Council appointed public members to the Agricultural Service Board, Intermunicipal Weed and Pest Notice Appeal Board, Economic and Tourism Development Committee, FCSS Committee, Municipal Planning Commission, Regional Assessment Review Board and the Watershed Advisory Committee. A complete list of all Boards and Committees will soon be available on the County website.
Council also appointed Councillors to the above committees and boards as well as several external committees. These appointments will also be included in the list of all Boards and Committees that will be available on the County’s website.
October 22, 2019 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on October 22, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Contact ATCO Gas regarding the deregulation of the high pressure pipeline that runs through the Marie Reine/Judah area to a low pressure pipeline.
- Send a letter to Alberta Environment and Parks to advocate for the release of funding for the Peace River Area Monitoring Program work.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B365/19 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and Mackenzie County No. 23.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B364/19 Regional Assessment Review Board Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested on the November 19, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $500 to the Royal Canadian Air Force #124 Squadron for their participation in the Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019 in Nampa, AB.
- $500 to the Royal Canadian Legion in Peace River for their participation in the Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- November 19 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.
- December 10 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.
Watch for the County’s float in the upcoming Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce Santa Claus Parade on November 29, 2019 in Peace River.
Also stay tuned for details of the County’s Christmas Open House on December 18, 2019.