At the regular Council meeting held on October 11, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter of congratulations to the Premier of Alberta and to the Cabinet Ministers.
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation requesting the timelines for the construction of Highway 686.
- Send a letter of congratulations to the recipients of the 2022 Alberta Snowmobile Association Snowmobile Family of the Year award.
- Send a letter to Alberta Health regarding the lack of staffing for the Peace River Operating Room and acute care at the Peace River Community Health Centre.
- Send a letter to CN regarding the Edmonton Community Board and the railroad crossing on 100 Avenue in Peace River, AB as discussed.
- Council gave third and final reading to Bylaw B417/22 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented.
- François Allard and Dwayne Buchholtz with the Peace Valley Snow Riders provided an update of their operations.
- Kevin Chrenek with Chrenek Dion & Associates of RBC Dominion Securities provided an update of the County’s investment portfolio.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 25, 2022, Council Organizational meeting at 9:30 a.m. and regular Council meeting to follow.
- November 15, 2022, regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.