November 14, 2023, Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on November 14, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Provincial government advocating for the Province to provide ongoing funding to STARS to cover dedicated critical care.
- Send a letter to the Peace Regional Waste Management Company authorizing them to represent Northern Sunrise County and pre-register for the Extended Producer Responsibility program.
- Draft a resolution for the upcoming RMA District 4 Zone meeting on February 9, 2024 regarding Council’s opposition to the proposed amendment to the Municipal Government Act regarding the introduction of the use of political parties in local government elections.
- Send information to our regional non-profit and voluntary organizations regarding the provincial government’s new online tool for grant information, non-profit management, and support services.
Council submitted written commentary to the Alberta Utilities Commission regarding Electricity Generation Projects.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B421/23 Family and Community Support Services Advisory Committee as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the November 28, 2023 regular Council meeting.
- Glenda Farnden, Senior Municipal Relations Liaison for STARS provided an annual update of their operations.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $500 to the Royal Canadian Legion Peace River Branch No. 62 for their Remembrance Day Service.
- $500 to Peace River Air Cadets.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- November 28 & December 12, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.