At the regular Council meeting held on November 10, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Peace Regional Healthcare Attraction and Retention Committee advising that the County has included the $1,000 requisition in the 2021 operations budget.
- Send a letter of support to the Peace Region Alberta 55+ Games Committee to postpone the 2021 games until 2022 due to COVID-19 health restrictions.
- Send a letter to the Associate Minister of Mental Health and Addictions requesting further discussions on potential partnerships and collaborations on mental health and addictions in the County.
- Send a follow-up letter to the Prime Minister of Canada regarding the lack of rural broadband.
- Kevin Chrenek with Chrenek Dion & Associates of RBC Dominion Securities provided an update on the County’s investment portfolio.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- November 24 & December 15 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.