At the regular Council meeting held on May 25, 2021 Administration was directed to:
- Refer the request from the resident regarding their concerns about the erosion and sediment release below Highway 2 along the Heart River near the Town of Peace River to Alberta Transportation.
- Send a letter of recommendation to the Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency regarding their services that they provide to the County.
Council proclaimed June 2021 as Recreation and Parks Month in Northern Sunrise County and has directed Administration to send a thank you letter to staff involved with recreation and parks in the County.
- Council approved the amendments to Policy 3.7 Purchase Orders as presented.
- $5,000 to the Peace Regional Airshow Association for the North ALTA STOL and Show on July 17-18, 2021.
- In-kind support for the installation of Fish Habitat signs in the County.
- Darren Boyer with Lightcatch provided a presentation regarding the Lightcatch app.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- June 8 and June 22, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.