At the regular Council meeting held on May 11, 2021 Administration was directed to:
- Declare Agricultural Services Unit #32091 – 2010 Schulte 1500 Series lll Mower with Flex Arm attachment, Unit #63026 – 2008 Ford F150 4X4 extended cab and the 2005 double wall 4,500 liter fuel tank as surplus equipment and authorize their sale as per Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items.
- Send a letter of support to the Nampa & District Historical Society for their application to the Community Facility Enhancement Program and the Canada Cultural Spaces grants for renovations to the upstairs of the Nampa Museum.
Council appointed Eryn Beach, Dakota Broatch, Tess Gustafson, Arden Marceau, Paige Matiasiewich, Tori Svecla, and Kirstyn Walchuk as Weed and Pest Inspectors for the period of their employment with Northern Sunrise County.
Council also appointed Becky Devaleriola, Sebastien Dutrisac, Trent Keller, and Stephanie Soucy as Inspectors under the Prohibited and Noxious Species Bylaw for the period of their employment with Northern Sunrise County.
Council authorized the Reeve and CAO to sign the Conditional Grant Agreement for the 2021/2022 Municipal Internship Program for Administrators with Municipal Affairs.
Council is pleased to proclaim the following important dates in Northern Sunrise County:
- May 16-22, 2021 as National Public Works Week.
- May 24-28, 2021 as Alberta Rural Health Week.
- June 2, 2021 as National Clean Air Day.
- June 7-13, 2021 as Seniors’ Week.
- Council approved Policy 1.34 Public Appointment to Boards and Committees as amended.
- Council approved Policy 1.35 Value-Added Agriculture and Tourism Incentive Grant as amended.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- May 25 and June 8, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.