At the regular Council meeting held on June 9, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Fund the cost of the Heart River Electrification Association powerline lift project on SW-2-83-19-W5M in the amount of $3,433.
- Send a letter to the appropriate provincial and federal government ministers in support of the Campus Saint-Jean for Francophone Post Secondary Education to allow them to access their carry-over funds, review their Campus Alberta Grant, allow complementary contributions and increase the federal funding under the Official Languages in Education Program.
- Enter into an agreement with Alberta Environment and Parks for the maintenance of 12’ Davis Gravesite, 6’ Recreation Area and Dr. Green Cairn.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Environment and Parks to maintain the provincial park designation for Green Valley Provincial Park.
- Set a reserve bid for Unit 23018 2001 GMC Savana Van at $8,000. The sale of the unit will be advertised in the Record Gazette for 2 weeks.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B376/20 Regional Assessment Review Board Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B377/20 for the purpose of redistricting 14.46 acres within NE-9-85-20-W5M; Plan 1823440; Block 1; Lot 1 from Agricultural District (A) to Rural Industrial District (RM) as presented. The Public Hearing for the Bylaw will be held on July 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B375/20 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 17.84 acres within SE-1-82-23-W5M from Natural Resource Industrial District (MRN) to Direct Control (DC) as presented.
- Art Sawatzky with the Peace Regional Waste Management Company (PRWMC) and Dan Duckering with BioMass Energy Techniques provided a presentation on the Waste to Energy Pilot project that the PRWMC is implementing.
- Will Petluk with the Peace River & District Health Foundation provided information on the Cardiac Diagnostics Program at the Peace River and Community Health Centre.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- June 23 and July 14 regular Council Meetings 9:30 a.m.