Council directed Administration to send a letter to the Harmon Valley Agricultural Society advising them that Council approved the reallocation of the community grant funding for the alternate bleachers for the rodeo grounds.
Council directed Administration to review the overnight use of the Cecil Thompson Park camping area and provide a report to Council.
Council directed Administration to send a letter to Rendez Vous RV Park addressing the concerns noted in the letter dated June 25, 2018.
Council directed Administration to advise the Town of Peace River that the County wishes to continue having the County illuminated advertising sign displayed at the Peace River Regional Airport.
Council directed Administration to nominate County residents Jeanne D’arc Mailloux and Wendy Goulet for the 2018 Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards.
Council directed Administration to send correspondence to the North Peace Housing Foundation, Heart River Housing, Sagitawa Friendship Society, and the Town of Peace River requesting information on how to fill the gap between homelessness and affordable housing in the region.
Bylaws & Policies:
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B330/18 for the purpose of amending the Land Use Bylaw B275/15 to include Cannabis Retail Sales into the Highway Development District and to include Cannabis Production Facility into the Rural Industrial District. The Public Hearing for Bylaw B330/18 has been scheduled for July 24, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council passed Bylaw B329/18 for the purpose of amending the Land Use Bylaw B275/15 to include the definitions for Cannabis, Cannabis Retail Sales, and Cannabis Production Facility.
- Council received a presentation from DMI regarding their 2018 General Development Plan.
- Council received a presentation from the PurpleRung Foundation regarding their transitional shelter initiative.
- $150 to the Peace River and District Chamber of Commerce for the golf tournament on September 14, 2018.
- $4,000 to the Miserable Miles group for the Miserable Miles event on September 15, 2018 in Peace River, AB.
- $3,000 to the Peace Playland Association.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- July 24, August 14 and 28 – Regular Council Meeting, starts at 9:30 a.m.