At the regular Council meeting held on July 25, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Submit a resolution on the Downloading of Operating Costs for Deteriorating Provincially Owned Housing for presentation at the Rural Municipalities of Alberta District 4 Meeting on August 11, 2023 in Wabasca, AB.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Advanced Education following the Northwestern Polytechnic Fairview Campus Tour regarding Council’s support for Agricultural and Trades programs.
- Create an Educational Brochure on alternative energy sources for landowners in the County.
- Amend Bylaw B397/21 Municipal Development Plan, Bylaw 189/11 Sunrise Gateway Business Park Area Structure Plan, and Bylaw B275/15 Land Use Bylaw.
Council proclaimed September 18 – 24, 2023 as National Rail Safety Week in Northern Sunrise County.
- Nolan Lavoie, County resident, provided a presentation on his livestock farming operation.
- Smoky River Wind Concerns Committee members Myrna Boucher and Doreen Dentinger provided a verbal presentation on their Committee.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- August 8 & 22, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.